In accordance with the Victorian Health Records Act 2001 and Privacy Act
Our practice respects your right to privacy. We realise that it is important that you understand the purpose for which we collect details about your health, as well as how this information is used at our practice and to whom this information might be disclosed.
The policy of our practice is to follow these procedures:
- The information collected will be used for the purpose of providing treatment to you. Personal information such as your name, address and health insurance details will be used for the purpose of addressing accounts to you, as well as processing payments and writing to you about our services and any other issues affecting your treatment.
- We may disclose your health information to other health care professionals, or require it from them if, in our judgment it is necessary in the context of your treatment. In that event disclosure of you personal details will be minimised wherever possible.
- We may also use part of your health information for research purposes in study groups or at seminars, as this may provide benefits to other patients. Should that happen, your personal identity will not be disclosed without your consent to do so.
- Your medical history, treatment records, x-rays and any other material relevant to your treatment will be kept here. You may inspect copies of our records of your treatment at any time, or seek an explanation from the dentist. Statutory fees will apply in relation to the types of access you seek. If you require an explanation of our records or a written summary, our usual fees apply to these services.
- If any of the information we have about you is inaccurate, you may ask us to alter our records accordingly.
You can otherwise rest assured that your health information will be treated with the upmost confidentiality. Disclosure will not be made to any person not involved in either your treatment or the administration of this practice, without your prior written consent. If you have any queries or concerns about our handling of your health information, please do not hesitate to raise these concerns with our practice.